term project proposal :
- make a client - server application for a new protocol
- implement a toy version in a language like python
- explain what's going on and how it's networking works using a bunch of buzzwords like (port, protocol, ip address, dns, packet, tcp/ip, blocking, MAC address, arp cache, ...) ... the topics in the Matthews textbook.
google "python client server " to get started on the implementation part
keep it simple :
- invent a protocol (maybe TTTP - TicTacToeProtocol ?)
- text / command line interface - no GUI complications
- pick a high port number
$ sqlite3 test.db
sqlite> .read test.sql
... and then you can run the exercises at the command line.
Things we didn't get to: table "join" .