Nate's Work - Feb 20
- Went through this tutorial on setting up flask: https://realpython.com/blog/python/introduction-to-flask-part-1-setting-up-a-static-site/
- read about setting up flask as web api: http://blog.luisrei.com/articles/flaskrest.html
- made some curl requests and read about curl request syntax here: https://makandracards.com/makandra/1145-how-to-send-http-requests-using-curl
- set up an api that takes data in plain text and translates it to pig-latin using our python module
- tried setting up apache/flask with mod wsgi
- followed this guide: https://devops.profitbricks.com/tutorials/deploy-a-flask-application-on-ubuntu-1404/
- didn't work, tried troubleshooting in various ways:
- Tried it on port 80 with my other conf disabled, tried setting up port 81 with Listen 81
- tried messing with the mod-wsgi file as the new syntax for apache 2.4 is Require all granted http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/0.12/deploying/mod_wsgi/
- tried including this line of code: as i am using a virtual env
activate_this = '/path/to/env/bin/activate_this.py'
with open(activate_this) as file_:
- probably tried a few other little edits I forgot but can't get past my Internal Server Error
- not quite sure how to check the log files - should probably figure that out.
Here is my umber.wsgi. The project is in /var/www/umber .
activate_this = '/var/www/umber/venv/bin/activate_this.py'
import sys; sys.path.insert(0, '/var/www/umber/src')
from umber import app as application
In apache.conf I have
# umber course management system via wsgi
# debugging loglevl trace1 to trace8 ; trace8 prints more.
WSGIScriptAlias /cours /var/www/umber/src/umber.wsgi
Require all granted