Web Tech - Wed Feb 21
Notes: This week I worked on the cookie portion of our assignment.
- I hooked up our server so cookies work to set the color on our name example page. Its on our linode an the apache server and we’re using the CGI folder.
- I used your cookie example as a template for setting cookies, using them to remember and set dynamic variables
- I hit an error when I tried to use the regular expressen search you mentioned, I looked it up, followed this information: https://docs.python.org/3.4/library/re.html
- for some reason, everything got messed up, I guess because we are now importing html from a template, when originally, we had content being set before any function calls and before variables were set? code needed to be re-arranged a lot.
- did lots of copy-pasting and moving text around in VIM and I referenced this article: http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Copy,_cut_and_paste and I made a link in our index page to our “name page”
next week I kind of want to try doing things in PHP, I agree it would be great to explore cookies using other frameworks.