- I spent some time talking to teachers at my school and planning and diagramming out my app.
- Essentially I will be making a react/rails app to document attendance and classroom behavior at CH. My minimal viable product will just be an app hosted behind a password wall with no individual users. The home-page will include a link to each individual class name at the school. Each class page will have a list of kids and an interface for selecting attendance and recording/saving notes on each kid.
Technologies I plan to use:
- Create-React-App as the boilerplate for the front-end
- React-Router for routing and the page-layout
- Rails with ActiveRecord and Postgres to set up the back-end API
- Possibly Redux for state-management
- Might follow something like this architexture for creating and deploying my app: https://www.fullstackreact.com/articles/how-to-get-create-react-app-to-work-with-your-rails-api/
- Looked into creating an interactive calendar to have access to selectable dates - might follow something like this guide: https://blog.daftcode.pl/react-calendar-with-google-calendar-as-cms-tutorial-5f5d81e425a9
I'll try to deploy it on our linnode following this guide: https://www.phusionpassenger.com/library/deploy/apache/deploy/ruby/ or if that fails I'll use heroku or AWS
I created a basic ER diagram for the database attached below