1. getting started
due Wed Sep 5
- Tell me about your computer and tech background. What sort of computer do you have (if any)? (Submit this and all homework on the class website - I'll do a demo on Tuesday.)
- Get the SIK (Sparkfun Inventor's Kit) from the bookstore or online.
- Read the beginning of the Redboard Hookup Guide and install the Arduino software that it describes if you can. (If not, ask questions in class.)
- Come to class Wed as ready as you can to do the first lab in the Inventor's Guide.
2. light lab write-up
due Wed Sep 19
- Choose one of the light labs (1A, 1B, 1C, 1D) - or a variation of your choice - to write up.
- Describe what you did, how it went, and what's going on in the circuit.
- Uploading an image of your gadget would be great though not required.
- Do mention your sources i.e. the appropriate part(s) of the Inventor's Kit Guide & the code.
- The goal is to illustrate your understanding.
- If several of you worked on a lab together, say so, but have each of you do your own write-up.
3. sound lab write-up
due Wed Oct 3
- We're on a schedule where I would like a write up of one project every two weeks.
- This time the suggestion is one of the sound projects ... or something else if that's where you are.
4. motion lab writeup
due Wed Oct 17
- Next writeup : one of the "motion" labs, 3A, 3B, 3C, or a variation.
- Please upload your code, a photo or circuit diagram, and a bit of a description.
5. 3D printer
due Wed Oct 31
- Print something with the 3D printer.
- Describe what you did, where the model came from, how it went.
- Upload the .obj or .stl file and a picture.