1. getting started
due Wed Sep 5
- Tell me about your computer and tech background. What sort of computer do you have (if any)? (Submit this and all homework on the class website - I'll do a demo on Tuesday.)
- Get the SIK (Sparkfun Inventor's Kit) from the bookstore or online.
- Read the beginning of the Redboard Hookup Guide and install the Arduino software that it describes if you can. (If not, ask questions in class.)
- Come to class Wed as ready as you can to do the first lab in the Inventor's Guide.
2. light lab write-up
due Wed Sep 19
- Choose one of the light labs (1A, 1B, 1C, 1D) - or a variation of your choice - to write up.
- Describe what you did, how it went, and what's going on in the circuit.
- Uploading an image of your gadget would be great though not required.
- Do mention your sources i.e. the appropriate part(s) of the Inventor's Kit Guide & the code.
- The goal is to illustrate your understanding.
- If several of you worked on a lab together, say so, but have each of you do your own write-up.
3. sound lab write-up
due Wed Oct 3
- We're on a schedule where I would like a write up of one project every two weeks.
- This time the suggestion is one of the sound projects ... or something else if that's where you are.
4. motion lab writeup
due Wed Oct 17
- Next writeup : one of the "motion" labs, 3A, 3B, 3C, or a variation.
- Please upload your code, a photo or circuit diagram, and a bit of a description.
5. 3D printer
due Wed Nov 28
- (I've put this due date off - if the printer is too hard to get access to, we'll just cancel it entirely.)
- Print something with the 3D printer.
- Describe what you did, where the model came from, how it went.
- Upload the .obj or .stl file and a picture.
6. final project proposal
due Wed Nov 7
- Give some thought as to what you want to do for a final project, and tell me what you have in mind.
- This can be something that combines some ideas from the kit, or something else along the same lines. It can be made from things outside the kit but doesn't need to be.
7. final project progress report
due Wed Nov 28
- Describe the state of your final project.
- ... and be ready to share in class.
8. final project
due Wed Dec 5
- Present in class your final project.
- Submit a write-up describing what you made, including images, a circuit diagram, and an explanation that would let someone else recreate what you made. Do include a bibliography of sources (i.e. URLs) of where the ideas in your project came from.
9. term grade
due Wed Dec 12
- a place for Jim's semester comments