Discuss the syllabus
- foundation CS (Computer Science) course ... and useful for many other disciplines
- covers the core ideas of programming computers including functions, variables, data structures, loops and conditionals, with lots of examples and practice
- using the python programming language
- popular & accessible
- flexible & general purpose
- runs easily on any operating system, with good support
- version 3 of the language, the most recent, is what we'll use this term
I'll show the code and run these in class.
- weekly assignments : one term grade based on how many you do
- graded midterm & final coding projects
- generally, your grade is a combination of correctness and effort
what you should do to get starting
- Check out the syllabus, resources, and links on the left of this page.
- Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org - if you're taking the course so I can add you to my roster.
- The first assignment is posted and due next Tuesday. (Homework should be submitted through this course webpage; we'll go over how that works in class.)
Questions? Find me or drop me a note.